Application Deadline: June 30 2014
The Melwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology is now accepting Applicaions from Nigerian Technology Entrepreneurs, programmers, Technology Enthusiasts and App Developers.
MEST offers a two-year, full-time, fully sponsored training program in which the students – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – learn about software development and entrepreneurship from Senior Faculty, who each bring more than 20 years of experience in the software business in the United States, Europe, or Asia. EITs also benefit from working with university graduates from around the world who serve as Teaching Fellows.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed so that EITs master industry-proven methodologies for software development. This coursework is supplemented by a series of guest lectures, featuring the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
To ensure that EITs can focus completely on becoming world-class entrepreneurs, MEST provides
All EITs receive a full scholarship. Tuition is covered by MEST.
Three Meals a Day
Prepared and served by MEST’s catering staff.
EITs are housed at a student hostel for the duration of the two year program, free of charge
MEST provides each EIT with a small monthly stipend.
- Applicants must have a degree in ANY field from a Ghanaian or Nigerian university or technical college
- A desire to start a software company
- A completely-filled online application form
- Applicants from Nigeria must have completed their NYSC
Qualities We Look For
- A desire to make a difference
- A strong interest in technology and software
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self motivation, as well as the ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Strong interest in teamwork
- The ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Proven academic excellence
Admissions Timeline – Nigeria
1) Application Period
Deadline June 30th 2014
3) Offers Sent Out
By July 14th 2014
2) Screening and Interviews in Lagos
Completed by July 14th 2014
4) School Opens
August 4th 2014