Application Deadline: March 31st 2017
Are you an East African entrepreneur? Microsoft could select you as the next #Insiders4Good Fellow.
Microsoft is expanding the #Insiders4Good Fellowship to East Africa, specifically to entrepreneurs in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Microsoft are looking for entrepreneurs like you problem-solvers who think deeply about the issues confronting their communities, visionaries who create solutions that could address these issues, and leaders that grow opportunities for their solutions to thrive in the market. Your work improves the lives of your fellow East Africans and has the potential to impact the world.
Residents of East Africa – Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda – who meet the following eligibility requirements may submit an application to participate in the #Insiders4Good Fellowship program (the “Fellowship”). Eligible applicants must:
- Be a registered member of the Windows Insider Program;
- Be a legal resident of Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania or Uganda, and age 18 or over;
- Originate an idea for a product or service that will improve the lives of East African people;
- Complete the #Insiders4Good Fellowship Application and be willing to provide additional information and personal references upon request by Microsoft and partners in support of your application;
- Be willing to adhere to the Fellowship Requirements[link], should you be awarded a Fellowship;
- GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules, and therefore, government employees are not eligible;
- NOT be an employee of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary;
- NOT be an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partners, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this promotion.
- Twenty-five entrepreneurs will be selected and will receive a premier suite of Windows hardware and software, and a 6-month mentorship program will be kicked off by a special one-week learning event for Fellows and mentors.
- The 6-month mentorship will include tailored technical and strategic mentorship from local and international leaders to help bring your unique idea to the next level.
If selected, #Insiders4Good Fellows agree to:
- Commit to attending a week-long fellowship bootcamp on June 5, 2017 [Location to be confirmed] in Nairobi, Kenya and commit to a 6 month mentorship program, which will require biweekly virtual mentorship sessions beginning June 5 – December 5, 2017. Travel expenses will be covered by the Windows Insider Program.
- Commit to mentoring an earlier stage East African entrepreneur and sharing updates with the Windows Insider Team until December 5, 2018.
- Application Opens: February 2, 2017
- Application Closes: March 31, 2017
- Fellows Announced: May 15, 2017
- Fellowship Bootcamp: June 5, 2017
- Mentorship Program: June 5 – December 4, 2017
For More Information: