Application Deadline: April 30th, 2021 (Midnight UAE Time)
Suqia’s goal is not limited to the provision of potable water to those in need. We also identify how innovative and sustainable technologies can be part of the solution to the global water crisis. We understand that the scale of the water crisis demands different approaches that extend beyond giving water. This is why, in line with the UAE’s goal to become a knowledge-based economy with a strong focus on technology, R&D and innovation, HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched a USD1 million global award to find sustainable solutions to water scarcity.
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award supports research and development of new and innovative technologies that produce, distribute, store, monitor, desalinate and purify water using renewable energy to support the global position of the UAE in developing solutions for challenges that are faced by poverty- and disaster-stricken communities worldwide.
The biennial Award encourages leading corporations, research centres, institutions, the youth and innovators from across the world to compete in finding sustainable and innovative solutions to the problem of water scarcity. Until today and in two cycles, we awarded bright minds from around the world for their pioneering in water desalination and purification systems to overcome the world’s water crisis.
The award categories are:
- Innovative Projects Award – Small Projects
- Innovative Projects Award – Large Projects
- Innovative Research and Development Award – National Institutions
- Innovative Research and Development Award – International Institutions
- Innovative Individual Award – Innovative Youth
- Innovative Individual Award – Distinguished Researcher
- Innovative Crisis Solutions Award
- The award is open internationally to all students, companies, research institutions, and innovators who have developed renewable energy powered technologies that can produce clean drinking water in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines.
a. Applications must be submitted through the online application portal available on our website.
b. Suqia Application Team reserves the right to dismiss/reject incomplete applications.
c. If applicable, each application should be supported by an official letter from the sponsor institution(s)
d. The deadline for receiving applications will be set and communicated to the public in the media and our website.
e. Applications must be in English.
f. The participant shall apply to the appropriate categories to the best of their understanding.
g. If applying under the “Innovative Individual Award“, the participant confirms that the work presented represents the individual work of the participant.
h. The application must be well-articulated, focused and clearly presented to encompass that evaluation criteria.
i. All applications must be accompanied by supporting data to demonstrate performance.
For More Information: