Application Deadline: 6 October 2014
The Mosaic International Leadership Programme is an innovative leadership development opportunity which aims to develop leadership skills, inspire thinking about global issues and equip young people to become involved in their local communities.
The International Leadership Programme 2015 will begin with a Summit from 18 – 29 May 2015 which will take place in the Middle East.
- The programme begins with the International Summit, which brings together 80 international young leaders aged 25-35 to participate in a two week residential training conference, featuring world-renowned leadership trainers and speakers.
- The Summit includes leadership skills workshops, inspirational sessions on global issues such as poverty and sustainability, and visits to projects in the local area which demonstrate leadership in action
- Following the Summit each participant is matched with a Mosaic mentor who supports them to write a personal ‘Action Plan’ outlining how they will put their learning into action in their local community.
- Participants report to Mosaic on their progress against targets set in their Action Plan for 12 months following the Summit.
- Participants’ Action Plans have included projects as wide ranging as running employability skills workshops in Algeria, establishing a mobile library service in rural Indonesia and a women’s financial empowerment project in Iraqi Kurdistan.
- Age range as of 18 May 2015: 25–35 years
- A national and resident of Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE or UK.
- Able to be at the Summit in May 2015. You will need to have a valid passport and ability to apply for a visa. Participants are responsible for arranging both of these.
- Fluent English (all elements of the programme will be conducted in English)