Application Deadline: June 30th 2020
The MSIF Du Pré Grant enables MS researchers and clinicians from low- and middle-income countries to make short visits (up to six months) to established MS research centres, outside of their own country. During the visit, participants either gain expertise or carry out parts of joint research projects. This benefits care for people with MS and supports collaborative research. Following the award, we expect applicants to use the newly developed expertise and networks, and continue MS research and/or clinical practice in low- and middle-income countries.
Visits generally last between two and six months. Each grant is up to a maximum of £6,000 GBP, to cover the cost of travel and living expenses or to top up an existing grant to extend a visit.
This is a joint application from the applicant and host. Before nomination, candidates need to have identified a suitable project and host supervisor at an institution outside of their own country. A project host must be agreed before commencing the application.
All candidates must:
- Be educated to post graduate level (at least MSc, preferably PhD/MD) in an area relevant to multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Be citizens of a low- or middle-income country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank)
- Focus their research in an area relevant to MS
Candidates must also be in one of the following situations:
- Working or studying in a low- or middle-income country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank) at the time of nomination
- Working or studying in another country on a project which started within the six months prior to nomination
- Studying in another country on a project supported by an MS International Federation grant
Candidates are expected to return to their own countries at the end of the study period where they will contribute to advancing care and research in MS. A strong plan of how to continue one’s work after the award has ended is recommended.
The grant may also be used as a supplement for work related to MS by a candidate who has been accepted for training in a recognised institute (within the six months prior to nomination) but who doesn’t have enough money to cover the total cost.
How to apply:
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- The Host needs to provide a supporting statement at the end of the application
- Add names and contact details of 2 referees, including the applicant’s current supervisor or employer
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the MSIF Du Pré Grant