Application Deadline: September 6th 2015
2015 MTN Nigeria Foundation Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme (6th Phase)
Under the MTN Foundation Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme, the Foundation has awarded scholarships to over 4,972 Science and Technology students in public universities, polytechnics and colleges of education across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria from inception to date. The scholarship award is worth N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira only) per student for the duration of one (1) academic year and it covers tuition, book allowance and stipend.
Application for the 2014/2015 session is now open and 500 successful applications will receive their awards during the 2014/2015 academic year.
Scholarships will also be renewed for the existing 1,380 students who have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (Second class upper/upper credit).
The MTN Nigeria Foundation Science and Technology Scholarship seeks to attract high performing second year students studying full-time in public tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The Scholarship is aimed at recognizing and rewarding academic excellence while providing financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education.
New Scholarships will be made available to qualified and successful candidates in all states across the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education inn Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2.1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) program and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma Programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND program and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a Public University.Only applications from students studying one of the under-listed courses will be considered;
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System engineering
Method of Application
- Interested students who meet the above criteria should please visit the MTNFoundation Website: www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship to complete and submit the online application form
- The application portal opens on Monday, August 17th 2015 and closes on Sunday, September 6th 2015.
- Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with two recent passport photographs, as well as the original and photocopy pf the following documents listed below:
- Valid student identity card
- Any other means of identification ( National ID, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Duly signed letter from the relevant Head of department in your school
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programme(applies to Polytechnic students only)
For More Information: