Application Deadline: December 6th 2020
As the world settles into a new normal due to the Covid-19 pandemic, MTN mPulse is looking to enable young students, passionate about making a difference to build innovative solutions that are relevant now & beyond in the MTN mPulse Hackathon. Promising solutions in the identified submission categories will be supported by MTN to achieve their full potential with expected widespread adoption and social impact. Before you submit your entry below, first go through the rules
- Competition is open to primary & secondary school students
- Applicants must be resident in Nigeria.
- Solutions to be submitted should be either mobile apps or websites (web apps)
- Participant must upload a completed Indemnity Form by Parent / Guardian covering the use of their solutions, data, photos etc (by MTN Legal Contracting). click here to download indemntiy form
- Ideas must be original, innovative and solve an actual problem.
- The solutions being developed & submitted should fulfil one or more of these categories:
- Support home-schooling, remote education and continued learning (e.g. home-schooling solutions)
- Enables delivery of group interactions remotely (Community engagement platforms).
- Ensures verified & accurate information reaches even the most remote locations.
- Aids efficient distribution of food, products & services
- Top 10 participants would be rewarded with gifts and access to a 6-weeks online bootcamp with TechQuest STEM Academy and receive the needed support to refine their solutions and launch
- Top 3 winners would have their impactful solutions funded for immediate deployment to flatten the curve as well as have access to our pool of volunteer Staff Mentors, who together with TechQuest, the STEM Academy, would provide mentorship via leveraging their functional, business & technical skills to further refine their innovative solutions for greater impact to the underserved youth segment.
- Websites and web apps should be hosted on the internet. Consider hosting your project on free hosting platforms e.g. 000webhost, hostinger, 5GBFree, Freehostia, etc.
- Judging Criteria are: Technical Ability: 45%, Usefulness: 25%, Creativity: 30%
- Deadline for submission of entries is 6th December 2020.
- Participants must have successfully linked with their parent(s) on the mPulse website
|1st Prize||N1m in Funding supportN100,000 Cash VouchersLatest Samsung Tablet worth over N120,000mPulse Back-to-School items 6 weeks MTN GAP Bootcamp|
|1st & 2ndRunners up||N500,000 in Funding supportN50,000 Cash VouchersLatest Samsung Tablet worth over N120,000 mPulse Back-to-School items 6 weeks MTN GAP Bootcamp|
|4th – 10th positions||Latest Samsung Tablet worth over N120,000mPulse Back-to-School items 6 weeks MTN GAP Bootcamp|
|11th – 20th positions||N10,000 Cash Vouchers eachBack-2-School Goody Bags|
- Nov 18th – Call for Entries begins on Hackathon website
- Dec 06th – Submission of projects suspended
- Dec 17th – Top 10 Finalists chosen
- Dec 19th – Top 10 finalists pitch their solution decks to the online Judges at the 1st virtual MTN mPulse Hackathon, winners to be announced same day
- Jan 16th 2021 – Enrollment of finalists into the 6 weeks virtual MTN GAP Bootcamp
- March – April 2021 – Deployment of finished solutions online on the mPulse site for access by the teeming teen segment
For More Information: