Application Deadline: October 22nd 2021
One of the operational objectives and a strategic programme area of the Namibian Chamber of Environment is to build environmental skills in young Namibians through training and mentorship. The bursary and internship programmes for young men and women with a keen interest to serve in the environmental and related socio-economic sectors gives validation to what NCE stands for and contributes towards youth empowerment.
The Bursary and Internship programme was initiated in the last quarter of 2017 for implementation in the 2018 academic year. The programme provides financial support to outstanding young men and women who have chosen to study for a career in the fields of environment and sustainable development.
This is based on the financial situation of the applicant, chances of success in post-graduate studies based on
performance to date, the current position help by the applicant, the applicant’s track record of commitment and
self-motivation, leadership potential, the course being pursued, and availability of NCE funds. The Fund will only
assist students for the 2022 academic year.
- Applicants must have completed at least a primary degree and preferably an honors degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must be accepted as full- or part-time students at an accredited university in the SADC region.
- Students wishing to study outside the SADC region may be supported at the level of those studying in the sub-region and the onus will be on the applicant to raise additional funds.
- Applicants must be Namibian citizens.
- Preference will be given to motivated students with good academic track records who come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Bursary applicants must provide electronic copies of the following:
- Completed and signed application form; clearly marked as attachment 01.
- Copy of Namibian ID (does not need to be certified); clearly marked as attachment 02.
- Latest degree and or certificates, clearly marked as attachment 03.
- Transcript of results (do not need to be certified); clearly marked as attachment 04.
- Official proof of acceptance / enrollment from the university or institution, or proof of application; clearly marked as attachment 05.
- Proof of fees from the university; ( Prospectus will not be accepted), clearly marked as attachment 06.
- If applicant is successful, a bank confirmation letter must be provided with banking details from the university / institution to which the funds should be transferred.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Namibia Chamber of Environment (NCE) Bursary 2022