The NFP Tailor-made Training (TMT) programme is meant to improve the overall functioning of an organisation by training a selected group of staff. An organisation facing constraints in achieving its goals can (partly) eliminate these constraints with a tailor-made training course.
The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) promotes capacity building by providing training and education for professionals. The NFP was initiated and is fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the budget for development cooperation. EP-Nuffic is responsible for the management of the NFP.
The Tailor-Made Training programme (TMT) is one of the modalities of the NFP. A tailor-made training course is designed to meet specific needs of a requesting organisation.
The programme is open to a broad range of organisations in NFP countries, from education institutions, research institutes and ministries to NGOs and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The participants of the training course should be employees of the requesting organisation. Members of an association, or employees of member organisations of a federation, for example, do not qualify.
- security for people;
- a functioning legal order;
- political processes in which every group in society can participate, including peace processes, post-conflict reconciliation and democratisation;
- a legitimate, capable government;
- employment and basic services;
- Category I: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burundi, Colombia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palestine Territories, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen.
- Category II: Albania, Armenia, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cuba, DR Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Georgia, Guatemala, Jordan, Macedonia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Thailand, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Criteria for the requesting organisations
The organisation requesting training for its staff:
- is based in one of the countries on the NFP country list valid at the time of application;
- operates in a field that is relevant to the sustainable development of the country the organisation is located in;
- is requesting training for its own staff.
Furthermore, the requesting organisation should not be:
- a large industrial, commercial, international or multinational organisation, which can be assumed to have sufficient resources of its own to finance staff training;
- a bilateral donor organisation or a multilateral donor organisation;
- an international NGO;
- a beneficiary of a NICHE project.
Criteria for the provider
A tailor-made training will be carried out by a provider from the Netherlands. This Dutch organisation is acting on its own or is leading a consortium to provide a particular service for a particular price. The consortium partners may be registered in another country than the Netherlands.
The training provider should be:
- registered with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce and have its headquarters or a branch within the Netherlands;
- directly responsible for the preparation and management of the tailor-made training course, and not acting as an intermediary
- experienced and able to show that the organisation has the capacity needed to manage an activity on the scale of the tailor-made training course for which the application is being submitted;
- financially sound to ensure continuity throughout the tailor-made training course.
For More Information: