Application Deadline: September 11, 2020
NVIDIA has long believed that investing in university talent is beneficial to the industry and key to our continued growth and success. The NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program provides funding in the amount of up to $50,000 per award to PhD students who are researching topics that will lead to major advances in accelerated computing and its applications. NVIDIA particularly invites submissions from students pushing the envelope in artificial intelligence, robotics, autonomous vehicles, and related fields. We select students each year who have the talent, aptitude and initiative to work closely with us early in their careers. Recipients not only receive crucial funding for their research, but are able to conduct groundbreaking work with access to NVIDIA products, technology and some of the most talented minds in the field. In addition, the Fellowship includes a summer internship preceding the Fellowship year.
NVIDIA partners with industry leaders to tackle some of the most complex computing challenges. We’re creating profound change in fields as diverse as medicine, space exploration, automotive design and film production. We’ve only scratched the surface of what we can accomplish when we apply our technology to it. We need innovative and talented doctoral students, who aren’t afraid of a challenge, to help us tackle these opportunities.
- Students must have already completed their first year of PhD level studies (at the time of application)
- Students must have majors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Architecture, Electrical Engineering, or a related area
- Students must be engaged in active research as part of their PhD thesis
- Students must be enrolled as a full time active PhD student during the 2020-2021 academic year (9 months) of the award — this means they should not be expecting to graduate sooner than May/June 2021
- Students must be available to complete a summer internship (which due to COVID-19 may be held remotely) prior to the start of their Fellowship year.
- Students may not be immediate family of a current NVIDIA employee
- Note: The award must be administered through the student’s university; payment will be made to the university, not directly to the student
Proposals Will be Evaluated for:
- Student quality
- Research quality
- Relevance to NVIDIA
Graduate Fellowship Applications Must Include:
- Research summary/thesis proposal – up to 2 pages, plus bibliography
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) including contact information
- Professor nomination letter (1 letter minimum (thesis advisor), up to 3 letters maximum — OK to have nomination letter(s) from non-professors, as long as you have one from your thesis advisor/professor)
- Confirmation of availability for summer internship
New Submission Portal: It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all of these items are submitted prior to the deadline. We are using a new Submission Portal, in which the student manages their own application. The student must:
- Complete the student profile – start this now; you can go back to the portal repeatedly until you submit the final application
- Complete your application input including research summary thesis proposal and resume (CV)
- Add contacts for the letter(s) of recommendation — an email will automatically be sent on your behalf to each recommender you add — be sure to add your professors/recommenders early in the process! Do not wait until close to the deadline!
- Monitor the status of your recommendation letter(s) in the portal — do not click on the final submission until the recommendation status shows “recommendation uploaded” for each recommendation you are expecting — the professor deadline has been set 2 days prior to the student deadline to allow the student to ensure all documents are received before submitting — the deadline for recommendation letters is 3pm Pacific September 9, 2020
- Communicate with the recommender(s) to complete their letter upload on time – it is the student’s responsibility to ensure their letters are received into the system
- Submit the final application when all items are complete, and prior to the application deadline: 3pm Pacific September 11, 2020
For More Information: