Application Deadline: 29 March 2022
One World Media Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers who seek to make a career out of reporting on stories from the global south. Working in film, print, audio or multimedia, our Fellows’ projects bring together integrity and creativity to present underreported stories that break down stereotypes and build cross-cultural connections.
- One World Media Fellows are aspiring filmmakers and journalists ready to take the next leap in their career reporting from the global south.
- Looking for their first director role or solo investigation, the Fellows experiment and learn in a supportive environment.
- Projects in pre-production that tell engaging stories from low- and middle-income countries across the global south
- Non-fiction media across all platforms: film, print, audio, photojournalism, and multimedia
- Proposals where majority of the budget is in place or achievable in a short time-frameProjects that can be delivered within a year – for films this is under 30 mins
- Stories that are strong enough to be published or broadcast in established media outlets.
- One World is looking for genuine journalism or documentary and will fund media that could ultimately appear in existing newspapers, magazines, radio, TV channels, professional news websites and online platforms, etc.
- Projects should focus on stories, topics or issues in, about or related to low- and middle-income countries across the global south. This includes countries across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia or the Post-Soviet States.
- £1,000 production grant
- Executive Producer for your project
- Career mentorship
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Introductions to commissioners
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
- Open for entries: Tue 22 February 2022
- Deadline: 5PM UTC, Tue 29 March 2022
- Fellows announced: Late May 2022
For More Information: