Organisation of Islamic Cooperation OIC is pleased to announce the first edition of Ramadan Social Media Photo Competition. The competition is open to all citizens of an OIC member state aged 18 and above. The winning pictures can depict social, economic and cultural aspect of the theme of the competition; The Human Face of Ramadan.
Entries can depict Ramadan’s spirituality, generosity, spirit of sharing, gathering, divers Muslims’ traditions and cultures during Ramadan which all fall within the OIC’s objectives of promoting Islamic solidarity, brotherhood and cultural awareness.
Prize: 6 winners with 6 best photographs will be sponsored for Hajj pilgrimage.
Eligibility: Open to all citizens of an OIC member state aged 18 and above.
- The 6 winners with 6 best photographs will be sponsored for Hajj pilgrimage.
- The prize is transferable to another person nominated by the winner.
- If a winner is suspected to have committed fraud in the process of winning the competition, his/her winning slot will be awarded to the runner up in the competition.
- The pictures will be published on OIC website and social Media platforms throughout the month of Ramadan.
- OIC special jury will then select 6 winners 2 weeks after the close of the competition using specific criteria and the winners will be announced on OIC website 3-4 weeks after the close of the competition.
How to enter the contest?
To enter the competition, simply upload a picture taken during the 1437 Ramadan fast depicting the Human Face of Ramadan. Including your name, age, location, date of the picture, tittle and a short caption. Only non-professional photographers with keen eye and creative mind are eligible to participate. Pictures entered for other competitions are not eligible. The competition closes on 30th Ramadan 1437.
Entries received after this date will not be considered. Competitors must also like or follow OIC Social Media Platforms.
How to submit my photos?
- You can submit your photos on OIC website only and by filling the form below. For practical reasons, the upload process will not accept images greater than 7 MB.
- Please ensure it is in JPEG format. OIC cannot be held responsible for problems associated with entry submission. Describe the view and location of the image so we can verify its authenticity and eligibility for the competition. (Languages: Arabic, English and French).
Caution: Please avoid digital manipulation. Your photograph should faithfully represent the scene as you saw it. Only photos deemed suitable for public viewing will be published on OIC website and Social Media platforms.
For More Information: