Application Deadline: May 22nd 2017
There is growing recognition that the fight against TB must actively seek the participation of those most affected by the disease–individuals who have had TB and their families. It is their stories, their experiences, their voices that matter, that will resonate with communities, policymakers and governments and that can reduce stigma, accelerate investment in TB, advocate for a transition to patient-friendly approaches and raise the profile of TB.
With the support of USAID, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, and the Stop TB Partnership, and in collaboration with the Global Coalition of TB Activists this workshop is for those from Anglophone and Lusophone Africa who have had TB or been directly affected by the disease and have a keen interest in building their capacity to be effective TB Advocates and Champions. The workshop will adopt inclusive, participatory approaches to learning and will focus on:
- Building knowledge on different aspects of TB
- Developing key advocacy and communication skills to share personal experiences with different audiences
- Building a coalition of TB Champions for advocacy
This workshop is open to TB champions from Africa and those who have been directly affected by TB from the following countries:
11. South Africa
12. Sierre Leone
13. South Sudan
An ideal applicant is:
- A TB Survivor
- Someone who has been a care-giver to a close family member affected by TB.
- Keen to openly share his/her experience of TB and become a TB advocate
- Fluent in English, with both verbal and written communication skills
- All applications will be evaluated by a committee and shortlisted participants may be contacted for a telephonic/skype interview prior to selection.
- Women who meet the eligibility criteria are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Venue and funding support:
- The workshop will be conducted between 7-9 July in Accra, Ghana.
- Selected participants will be provided with all support for travel, accommodation, visas and related expenses.
- Application deadline:The last date for receiving applications is 22 May 2017.
- The completed application form must be sent by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org by this date. For any clarifications, please contact: email@example.com.
For More Information: