Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
Launched in 2017, the Allianz Climate Risk Award acknowledges and rewards young scientists whose works shed light on the nexus between climate change and the extreme weather events that threaten millions of livelihoods and present ways these populations could be better protected. It targets PhD candidates and Post-Doctoral researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change;
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions.
Applications are usually received from all over the world. Ten candidates are shortlisted by a jury and their work is published in a Compendium.
- Out of the ten, four are invited to Munich, Germany, to present their research at the awards ceremony.
- Core of your application is a brief (max. 800 word) non-technical essay that outlines your current research idea and highlights central findings. As guidance, you may refer to the selection criteria stated above.
- To submit your application, please simply send the filled out and signed forms (to the right or below, depending on your device) as well as the required supporting documents (essay, CV, reference letter) to [email protected].
- University students currently pursuing either a PhD degree or a post-doc, as well as recent PhD graduates or recent post-doc graduates. (Graduation/defense of final research to obtain title should not be more than two years before the time of the application)
- Research applicable to focus and topic of Award
- Completed application form
- Supporting documents consists of:
- Two-page non-technical essay based on their research
- A letter of recommendation from the candidate’s academic mentor
- Filled and signed declaration form
- Call for papers – July 15, 2022
- Deadline – September 30, 2022
- Four finalists announced – late October 2022
- Award event – December 6, 2022
For More Information: