Application Deadline: 23rd, July 2021,
The AAS Affiliates Programme seeks early and mid-career scientists who demonstrate excellence in their development and application of science in Africa. These individuals become ‘Affiliate of the AAS’ for a period of five years during which they receive individualized professional development support and join a wider community of science leaders on the African continent.
- Must be an African national;
- Must have obtained their PhD in the last ten years;
- Must have substantial postdoctoral research experience;
- Must be aged 40 years and below by the 31st December of that year. Individual considerations will be made for female candidates above 40 years who have had career interruptions;
- Must be residing in or affiliated with an African higher education or research institution;
- Female candidates and candidates from under-represented disciplines and countries are especially encouraged to apply.
- You will be recognized for your scientific excellence as ‘Affiliate of the AAS’ alongside The AAS Fellows;
- You will receive individualized professional development planning support;
- You will be enrolled into the AAS Mentorship Scheme during the five years;
- You will benefit from a range of career development activities including but not limited to grant writing, publishing, science communication, ethical conduct of research, intellectual property issues, collaborative research, scientific entrepreneurship, etc.
- You will join a platform for networking and collaborating among early and mid-career researchers regionally and globally;
- You will benefit from other AAS opportunities as they become available.
- al activities.
Please follow the instructions below. Applications must be received on or before 23rd, July 2021, 1800 Hrs East African Time.
- Follow this link to get to The AAS Ishango Online System: https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/
- Register as a new user if you have not used the system before. If you have used the system before, please proceed to step 4
- The system will email you a temporary password
- Follow the link https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/ again to access the system
- Go to Existing User and log in with your password (for first time users, you will be requested to replace your temporary password with one of your choice)
- Once you log in go to New Grant Application and go to click Here
- Select Call for The AAS Affiliates 2021, click Apply, tick the Eligibility Checkbox that pops up then click Apply again to begin filling in the online form
- Once you have provided all the required information, please validate and submit the form. You will receive an automatic email confirming your submission and a unique reference number for future communication regarding your application.
Please contact [email protected] if you need any clarification or encounter any difficulties as you use the online system.
For More Information: