Application Deadline: November 1 2013
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden. The programme aims to give the participants innovative tools for sustainable change while seeking to create an active network of women change-makers.
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership program for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza and Yemen. The program aims to give the participants innovative tools for sustainable change while seeking to create a unique network of women change-makers.
She Entrepreneurs runs for one year, with participants meeting for ten days in Sweden and one week in the MENA region. In between the modules, the participants work on their own projects locally, coached by group mentors over digital platforms.
Participants are social entrepreneurs from Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza, Yemen and Sweden who address social challenges and strive for positive social change through projects based on entrepreneurial principles. During the programme participants are provided with inspiration, knowledge and tools to develop a project for sustainable change that they have already started working on in their country or region. Through the programme, participants are also offered the opportunity to meet leading social and business entrepreneurs as well as become a part of an active network of women social entrepreneurs that supports personal and professional development.
Who can apply to the programme?
- You should have drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social project that you have already started working on.
- You are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Morocco, West Bank-Gaza or Yemen.
- Your social project should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs Programme listed above.
- You are between 20 and 32 years old.
- You should have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You should have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
How to apply?
Apply by filling out our She Entrepreneurs Application Form 2014 and going to ourapplication portal. Deadline for applications is November 1, 2013. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme.
A complete application consists of:
- A completed She Entrepreneurs Application Form 2014 in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons.
- An updated CV in English
- A photo (not compulsory)
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send and email to she(a)si.se.
About 60 shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews will be conducted through Skype.
The Swedish Institute will contact 25 selected applicants by email before the end of December 2013 and offer them a place in the She Entrepreneurs Programme. The Swedish Institute will also compose a list of reserve candidates in case a second selection round would be needed. Reserves who have been offered a place in the She Entrepreneurs programme will be notified by January 19, 2014.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unfortunately not able to send personal replies to all applicants. Hence, if you have not heard from us byJanuary 19, 2014, you have not been accepted to the She Entrepreneurs Programme.However, you are more than welcome to apply again for next year’s programme.
- Deadline for application: November 1, 2013
- Skype interviews: December 9-20, 2013
- Accepted applicants will be informed by: January 19, 2014
- She Entrepreneurs module 1 in Sweden
For More Information: