Application Deadline: April 13, 2015
GENERATION CHANGE: A Program for Emerging Civic Leaders
Training Information: June 13-18 Kampala,Uganda
Application for Conflict Resolution and Leadership Training
The Generation Change program provides leadership and conflict resolution training in order for participating emerging leaders to increase their resilience and have a greater impact on their respective communities. The trainings provide a safe space for participants to share ideas, gain new tools, practice constructive conversations, and better understand conflict resolution, especially as it relates to their region of focus. Trainings also expose participants to experts in the fields of leadership development and conflict resolution.
Generation Change Fellows are between 18 and 35 years old. They hold leadership roles within civic organizations and are actively working to positively impact their community. The Fellows have earned trusted and legitimacy within their community through their demonstrated commitment to their work. They reside in the Middle East and Africa.
Generation Change’s Nigeria leadership development program will provide participants with leadership and conflict resolution training in order for these emerging leaders to increase their resilience and have a greater impact on their respective communities.
The training will provide a safe space for participants to share ideas, gain new tools, practice constructive conversations, and better understand conflict resolution, especially as it relates to their country. It will also expose participants to experts in the leadership development and conflict resolution fields.
Additionally, the training will enable participants to build a network of civic youth leaders in their region and internationally. Upon completing the training, participants will join Generation Change’s global community of emerging civic leaders and will have access to various resources provided by USIP.
- USIP will pay for participant airfare, lodging, meal, and visa expenses.
- USIP will sponsor selected youth leaders to attend the Generation Change training session in Kampala, Uganda from June 13-18. USIP will pay for the cost of flights, lodging, and meals for each participant during their stay in Kampala. Generation
- Change members will share a double occupancy room with a fellow Generation Change youth leader of the same gender.
Please review all eligibility requirements before you apply. In order to be eligible to participate in the program, candidates must:
• Must be between the ages of 18-35
• Must have had residence in Nigeria for 3+ years.
• Must have a leadership role in a community organization.
• Possess a willingness to participate and learn from peers and facilitators
• Must have a passport that is valid until December 2015.
Submission should include
Notifications of Application Status
Selected participants will be notified by email by May 10, 2015. If you are not notified by this time, you have not been selected.
For More Information: