Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
In response to the increased needs in terms of food security in Ethiopia, WIDU is now launching a #FoodCall through which micro businesses or business ideas that contribute to sufficient, safe and/or nutritious food and agricultural production can get grants and coaching.
Are you an entrepreneur running a micro or small enterprise that contributes to sufficient, safe and/or nutritious food and agricultural production in Ethiopia? Or do you have a clear idea and an implementation strategy for a business that you would like to start? Then the new WIDU Local Call: #FoodCallEthiopia is your opportunity to scale-up or start off your business!
• Applicants need to hold the Ethiopian citizenship
• Applicants need to be 18+ years old
• Applicants need to either have an existing small business or a concrete business idea
There are multiple selection criteria that will be taken into consideration:
• Impact on food security and nutrition
• Overall quality of application (completeness, coherence, etc.)
• Employment creation
• Creation of income
• Degree of innovation
Female entrepreneurs are specifically encouraged to apply.
- Ethiopian and Kenyan entrepreneurs, who fulfill the requirements can apply online. 50-100 applicants will be selected to receive a WIDU grant and business coaching.
- The grant amount is calculated by multiplying your investment by 2.5
- Example 1 (minimum amounts): For your investment of 14.000 ETB, you will receive 35.000 ETB as a grant.
- Example 2 (maximum amounts): For your investment of 55.000 ETB, you will receive 137.500 ETB as a grant.
For More Information: