Application Deadline: September 6, 2023
Technical experts based in West Africa are invited to apply to participate in a training program that will enable them to become certified trainers for the newly founded Rice Miller Business. Academy (RMBA). The Training of Trainer program aims to build a community of certified trainers who can deliver practical business development training to the growing rice sector in West Africa.
The Rice Miller Business Academy
The Rice Miller Business Academy will provide business-oriented training to rice millers in West Africa. Milling staff, if desired, can attend training programs in 5 important areas:
- Practical Marketing for Rice Mills – crucial skills for marketing rice as markets grow and develop.
- The Business of Rice Milling – the economics of rice milling, good manufacturing principles, and the impact on building a sustainable business.
- Finance Essential for Rice Mills – Key financial skills include cash flow management, accessing finance, and becoming more bankable.
- Developing Profitable Farmer Services – the business case and essential operations for services such as irrigation, mechanization, and seed provision.
- Mastering Milling Operations – technical operations in a rice milling environment
The Rice Miller Business Academy specifically hopes to improve the capacity of rice companies as they tackle some of their most pressing issues:
- Preparing to compete in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
- Improving operations so that mills are more competitive at producing quality rice.
- Proactive, fact-based commercial business planning.
- Active management of financial operations.
- Developing commercially sensible farmer services to source a consistently better quality of paddy.
- Technical experts with relevant skills & experience in any of the thematic areas of the Rice Miller Business Academy, as per the four courses above, excluding Mastering Milling Operations.
- At least a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualification, in related subjects such as Marketing, Management, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Agribusiness, etc.
- At least 10 years experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 5 years experience with a master’s degree.
- Experience as trainers, training designers, facilitators & coaches for adults in the business environment is valued.
- Women are specifically encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should reside in Ghana, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone or Senegal.
- Demonstrated skills in French and/or English in the business environment. Applicants who are skilled in both these languages will receive additional preference.
There is no fee to participate in this training. For in-person training transport, logistics and accommodation costs will be paid for by the program.
- Publication of the request for application for trainer: 22 Aug 2023
- Submission of applications by candidates. Deadline: 6 Sept 2023
- Evaluation of candidates: 3 days
- Selection & invitation to participate in the training of trainers: 11 Sept
For More Information: