Application Deadline: December 26, 2022
Ashoka and Schnider Electric are coming together to organize the Youth Empowerment Program which aims to work with youth organizations and young people to increase their capacities and create together an enabling environment for youth and ensure that the voice of youth is heard at a strategic level. The program will work in four countries (Egypt, Belgium, France, and Germany) and will
Direct support for the capacity building of 8 youth organizations and 60 young people in 4 countries.
• Creating national awareness through establishing national multi-stakeholder alliances (youth, civil society, private sector collaborators, government) and developing youth advocacy strategies.
In Egypt, Ashoka Arab World and Schnider Electric are looking for 2 organizations working with youth to join our network of organizations and young people across the 4 countries. Ashoka/Schnider Electric will work hand in hand with the selected organizations to create systemic change by strengthening their teams’ knowledge, skills, and networks and working with their affiliated young people (including: employees, volunteers, partners, and/or beneficiaries).
• A legally registered entity in Egypt and with at least 12 months of establishment.
• Target teenagers and young adults (12-24 years old) through their core mission.
• Has demonstrated their mission and capacity by working with at least ~2,500 young people through long-term activities (involving the same beneficiaries for at least 3 months).
• Has the basic internal capacities and organization (people, networks, resources, and experience) to advance their work with young people.
• Has at least 1 reference staff with a good level of English.
• Commitment to the program activities during 18-months.
The program aims to advance the selected organizations (including employees, volunteers, partners, and/or beneficiaries) capacities to create systematic change in their intervention areas through an 18-month program of the following:
Participate in a 360° mentorship program with Schneider Electric employees, highlighting the strategic and operational issues of young people and youth structures.
• Receive assessments to measure the changemaking capacities of the organization’s employees and volunteers.
• Join different facilitated peer-to-peer international exchanges with other youth organizations in Belgium, France, and Germany.
• Become part of a national alliance for youth empowerment and advancement to promote local policies and strategies that aim to develop the national youth ecosystems.
• Engage with Ashoka international network of +3,800 fellows, young changemakers, and partners.
How to apply?
- Interested organizations are required to fill the application form and send it to [email protected] no later than 26th of December 2022
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Ashoka/Schnider Electric Youth Empowerment Program