Application Deadline: 16 October 2015 1:00P.M.
For overseas students scheduled to enroll in April or October 2015 in a Japanese university or graduate school.
The ROTARY YONEYAMA MEMORIAL FOUNDATION awards scholarships to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its scholarship fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan. The Foundation is Japan’s largest private scholarship organization, both in terms of program scale and number of scholarships
The Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Applicants Residing Abroad, or “Overseas Application Scholarship” for short, is carried out as special program to support overseas students in the most-difficult first years of their enrollment in Japanese universities and graduate schools. This system provides both financial and personal support (through counseling offered by Rotary members) to the awardees upon their arrival in Japan.
This scholarship program is reserved for people residing abroad who wish to apply for admission in a Japanese university or graduate school. The program’s eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Have already chosen the university or graduate school s/he will apply for
- Be in the process of applying for admission
- Be able to submit his/her letter of acceptance (an admission approval or a pre-arrival admission approval) under the schedule below.
① For April 2016 enrollment: Submit the letter of acceptance by the end of
② For fall 2016 enrollment: Submit the letter of acceptance by the end of
This scholarship is not full-covered. The entrance fee and the tuition should be paid by yourself.
- Undergraduates: ¥100,000 per month
- Master’s students: ¥140,000 per month
- Doctoral students: ¥140,000 per month
＊ Research Students are not eligible.
Only for the first year of the scholarship, a supplemental of ¥400,000 is provided upon arrival in Japan
- For April 2016 enrollment
-Undergraduates: Two years from April 2016 through March 2018
– Graduate students: Two years from April 2016 through March 2018
- For October (September) 2016 enrollment
-Undergraduates: Two years from October (September) 2016 through September (August) 2018
Graduate students: Two years from October (September) 2016through September (August) 2018
Yoneyama scholars are obligated to do the following:
- Communicate in Japanese after arriving in Japan
- Attend one regular meeting of their host club each month
- Submit a report on their activities via their host club to the Yoneyama Foundation twice a year
- Give speeches in regular club meetings and participate actively in their Rotary club’s and Rotary district’s activities, thereby endeavoring to deepen mutual understanding through interaction with Rotarians.
- After the scholarship ends, continue to nurture the exchange and goodwill cultivated within the Rotary community.
- Application for Scholarship
- Research Plan at Japanese University
- Composition “Objective of my studies in Japan”
- Recommendation Letter
For More Information: