Deadline: December 1 2013
Shell Ideas360 is a global competition organised by Shell International Limited for students to develop game-changing ideas for tackling Energy, Water and Food issues.
The theme of Shell Ideas360 is “People & Planet – the Energy, Water and Food Challenge”. All individual participants or teams will be requested to develop an Formulate and submit your idea.
Who can participate?
Shell Ideas360 is open to University students from around the world.
Students wishing to participate must be registered to study full-time at a recognized, degree-awarding institution and should be due to graduate after May 2014. Participants can be studying a Bachelors, Masters or MBA level degree in any discipline. There is no age limit. Current employees, placement students or those in the Shell graduate program cannot participate.
- Participation in the Competition is open to any person who
- (i) is, or will be, aged 18 or over by 31/05/14; and
- ii) is currently studying (and is officially registered to continue studying until at least (31/05/2014) as a full time undergraduate or postgraduate at a recognised, degree awarding university or other equivalent higher education establishment (“Eligible Student”).
Apart from the opportunity to contribute your own ideas to create a better future, we – and our partner National Geographic – are offering the following**:
- The winners will receive a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a National Geographic Expedition.
- The most revolutionary ideas will be considered for funding by the Shell GameChanger programme – Read more about GameChanger
- Participants selected for the later stages of the Competition will have direct access to Shell Subject Matter Experts and Mentors to help develop their ideas.
- Finalists will be invited to a prestigious event in May 2014, where they will meet an exclusive group of business and thought leaders.
The five individuals or teams that are selected to progress through to the final stage will receive a sponsored trip to Shell Eco-Marathon 2014 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and the winner of the competition will receive the grand prize of a National Geographic Expedition.
As part of Shell’s commitment to investing in innovation, the best ideas (whether or not they are selected for the Final) will also be considered for funding by the Shell GameChanger programme.
[youtube id=”HNcexWMNH4k” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- You can register and set up your personal profile at www.shellideas360.com
- You can enter either as an individual or as part of a team of up to three people. If you decide to enter as a team, you will need to nominate a Team Captain who can submit an idea on the team’s behalf.
- Each participant/team will also be required to nominate a member of academic staff from their University to act as a university sponsor throughout the individual’s or team’s participation in Shell Ideas360.
For More Information: