Application Deadline: 15 January 2018
Are you a talented and ambitious citizen of South Africa and want to study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded scholarship? Find out if you can apply to the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for South Africa.
Swedish Institute grant scholarships to about 550 master’s programmes. SI will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2018/2019 here by 1 December 2017.
- To begin with, apply for up to four master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se.
- Then apply for an SI scholarship, follow the instructions below.
Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded to South African citizens attending master’s studies starting in the autumn semester 2018.
Only citizens of South Africa are eligible for SISS for South Africa.
You must be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 6 April 2018.
The scholarship covers
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire scholarship period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
Application procedure – Step by step
Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
For More Information: