Application Deadline: January 31st, 2022
Do you work internationally to strengthen democracy and human rights? Do you use media or the arts as a means to bring about change? Are you based in Sweden or do you have a Swedish project partner? Maybe Creative Force is the programme for you.
It is a funding programme for international projects. It is open to Swedish organisations and their partners in our target countries who work through media or the arts to strengthen democracy, human rights and freedom of expression. It offers two types of grant:
Seed Funding is available for carrying out a small project or a pilot. You and your international partner can apply for up to SEK 100,000 for a project which must be completed within 12 months of the project start.
Collaborative Projects are larger projects which should involve knowledge exchange, capacity building or method development. We recommend that you apply for this type of grant to scale-up a project which has previously received seed funding. You and your international partner can apply for a grant which runs for either max. 12 months or max. 24 months (from the project start). For a 12-month grant you can apply for up to SEK 500,000. For projects exceeding 12-months you can apply for up to SEK 1 million.
- Any type of organisation which is registered in Sweden.
- Your organisation must have been registered for at least one year (for seed funding) or two years (for collaborative projects).
- You must write your application jointly with a partner organisation in one (or more) of the Creative Force target countries (see below).
In Africa, Asia & MENA:
- Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam
- Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
- Projects should normally take place entirely in the target country or partly in Sweden and partly in the target country. However, the Covid-19 pandemic has radically changed our opportunities to travel and meet physically, for the moment at least. It is important that you take this into account when designing your project.
For More Information: