Application Deadline: unspecified
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. Swiss Re anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re is looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our [email protected] programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on-and-off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
• Analytical, inquisitive, able to break-down complexity, and to summarise efficiently
• Results-oriented, resilient, optimistic and self-motivated
• You are tenacious, willing to learn and break-down complexity where the way forward is not clear
• You take ownership of your areas of responsibility, can work independently and draw upon the expertise of others where necessary
• Can influence and collaborate successfully with stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Great Teammate and critical to cultural differences with a positive attitude towards a dynamic environment
• Due to Immigration regulations, we can only accept applications from South Africans
• Preference will be given to designated applicants as per the employment equity act
About the Role
This exciting role, broad in scope and constantly evolving, provides excellent opportunities to collaborate with various teams within the entire L&H community including those in business origination functions (Client Markets and Products teams).
The Portfolio Management team (PM Team) has interdependent relationships with other units within the L&H Business Management division, regionally and globally.
You will support the PM Team on various topics such as, but not limited to:
• Analysis and interpretation of financial results
• Experience monitoring of the portfolio, working in conjunction with the Actuarial and Pricing teams; specifically proposing analyses and actions to the Portfolio Management Group
• Engage with other internal partner functions (and with external clients) to perform effective management of the L&H in-force portfolios
• Data strategy and analytics; coordinating activity with other functional teams as required
• Assess profitability of In-Force treaties and review reinsurance premium rates
• Support Group-wide and local projects as required
• Owning, driving and ensuring the timely delivery of Portfolio Management priorities.
For More Information: