Application Deadline: March 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST
Launched in 2001 by the International Youth Foundation, YouthActionNet strengthens, supports, and celebrates the role of young people in leading positive change in their communities. Each year, 20 exceptional young social entrepreneurs are selected as YouthActionNet Global Fellows following a competitive application process. The year-long Fellowship program includes:
• A seven-day leadership retreat for twenty selected Fellows which offers dynamic peer-to-peer learning, collaboration, and sharing among young visionaries
• Focus on the personal growth and leadership abilities of Fellows, in addition to providing instruction in specific skills required to manage innovative, world-changing organizations
• Year-round learning opportunities based on Fellows’ individual needs and the six dimensions of leadership highlighted in the YouthActionNet® Global Curriculum: Personal, Visionary, Political, Collaborative, Organizational, and Societal.
Networking and Resources:
• Access to potential resources to support Fellows and their projects, including volunteers, mentors, and grant opportunities
• Opportunities to network and collaborate with IYF projects and partners
• Membership in the YouthActionNet® global network of fellows and alumni
• Training in areas such as communications planning, media outreach, message development, presentation skills, and innovative uses of new media technologies
• Access to global advocacy platforms and media coverage
- Open to all young people aged 18-29 (as of October 1, 2013)
- Applicants should be founders of existing projects/organizations, or leading a project within an organization.
- Proficiency in English is required; applications must be submitted in English
- Must be available to attend full retreat (all expenses paid) in early October 2013.
2013 application opens by February 1, 2013!
Applications for the 2013 Fellowship program are due by March 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST
March 17: Applications for the 2013 Fellowship program are due by March 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST
May 22: Finalists will be notified by May 22, 2013.
October 2013: The 2013 retreat will take place within in early October in Brazil.
About the application:
Pro tip! We highly recommend that you download the word version of the application to preview and craft your answers offline. This is a great way to think through your responses and have a saved copy for yourself! Once you have your application complete to your satisfaction you can return to the site and submit online.
Video: Using instructions provided in the application, you will create an original video. Your video will be the first opportunity we have to see your passion, knowledge, and unique perspective. We hope you will be specific and succinct in explaining your personal relationship to your work (why you do what you do), the steps you have made towards change (what your project/organization does) and what a successful future looks like for your project/organization.
Narrative Application: Within this section you will provide us with details that support what we learned in the video. Please remember to thoroughly describe your work in a way that an outsider with no knowledge of the issue you are addressing would understand. Help us understand the specific programs, projects, and activities that your organization offers. We are interested in your long-term vision, but it is important for us to understand your current activities. You must provide all requested information within the narrative application.
References: You will be asked to enter the contact information for two references who can discuss your eligibility for the fellowship.
Supporting Documents: You will have the opportunity to submit up to three additional documents that may provide judges with a better understanding of your project.
Click here to apply online for the 2013 YouthActionNet Laureate Global Fellowship
While online submissions are strongly preferred, applicants may email completed word application forms to: [email protected]
For questions and comments, contact [email protected]