The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide academically-trained young professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
Field(s) of Study:
Postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
• Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics
• Development Co-operation
• Engineering and Related Sciences
• Regional Planning
• Agriculture and Forest Sciences
• Environmental Sciences
• Medicine and Public Health
• Veterinary Medicine
• Sociology and Education
View the list of selected programmes for 2013/2014.
German Universities offering postgraduate courses with relevance to developing countries.
• Will come either from a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in related subject.
• Will have completed an academic degree far beyond average and at least two years of related professional experience.
• Is not older than 36 (for some courses the age limit is 32), and his/her respective academic degrees should normally not be older than 3 years. Concerning a possible age limit, please refer to the course details on the following pages.
• For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A3 or B1 are highly recommended.
• For courses in English: TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based) or IELTS (band 6) certificate.
Please also see if you meet the eligibility requirements of the programme you are applying to.
Scholarship applicants can apply at the German embassy or DAAD regional office, directly at the DAAD in Bonn or directly to the university. For Cameroon, Myanmar, Nigeria it is highly recommended to submit the applications only via the German Embassy.
The applicant should submit the complete requirements as found in this link. The applicant also needs to follow separate specific application requirements and instructions (if any) set by a course.
Application deadlines for DAAD-scholarships are as follows:
•At German embassies and/or at the DAAD regional offices: 31 July
• At the DAAD section 431 in Bonn/Germany: 30 August
• At the respective universities in Germany: 30 September or 15 October
Applicants should make sure to check information regarding university-specific application closing dates directly with the individual universities because they may vary from the general deadlines listed above.
For More Information Visit:
Read the 2013-2014 Scholarship Booklet
I am very much interested. I want to do M.Scc M.Sc MMmg.Sc ign. Mh
It is interesting