Application Deadline: January 31, 2014
Google is pleased to announce the 2014 STEP internships in EMEA is now open to students who have completed the first year of their university studies by summer of 2014 and are studying computer science or related subjects. This program includes three main components: a software project, skills-based training, and professional development. Google will have STEP cohorts in five offices this year: Israel, London, Munich, Krakow and Zurich.
This program is open to all qualified University students and is committed to addressing diversity in our company and in the technology industry. Students who are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry are encouraged to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and students with disabilities.
This summer trainee program includes:
- Software Project: A 12-week development project that you will work on with a team of Googlers and other STEP Interns. Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills; get exposed to new tools and programming languages.
- Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers, additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, tackle technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Fun: Social activities, community building and networking. Build a relationship with your peers.
- Exposure: A unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- Have completed your first year of undergraduate studies by Summer 2014
- International students who are currently enrolled at a university within Europe and Israel are eligible to apply. If hired, students will need to provide Google with proof of authorization to work in the relevant country
- You must be available between 30th June and 19th September 2014
- Students should have programming experience in either Java, Python, C, or C++.