Deadline: November 30, 2013
D-Prize is a call to the world’s brightest social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs. Submit your idea to start a new distribution initiative in one of the challenge areas below. If selected, YOU will be awarded $10,000-$20,000 to pilot your idea over a three-month trial period, and connect you with mentorship from already successful social entrepreneurs. D-Prize will fund a total of 5-15 social entrepreneurs. If your pilot is successful, we will help you to launch your work and attract significant support.
D-Prize is dedicated toward expanding access to poverty-alleviation solutions in the developing world. Many solutions to poverty already exist; the challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most. We tackle this by challenging social entrepreneurs to develop better ways to distribute proven life-enhancing technologies, and funding early-stage startups that deliver the best results.
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams who submits an application. The sole restriction is that individuals or their immediate family who serve or have served on the independent judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model. All winners will be awarded between $10,000 and $20,000 in the form of a convertible grant.
- Between 5 and 15 of the most promising contestants will be selected for awards in 2013, regardless of which challenge track was selected. This means the number of ventures funded may differ between challenges.
● Prepare your concept note and resume, and save as separate PDF files. Please clearly name your files to indicate whether they are a concept note or resume(s).
● Input your contact details and upload your documents to www.d-prize.org/fall2013apply
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the D-Prize Challenge
Email Nicholas Fusso at [email protected]