Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is a yearlong intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. Each year we welcome a cohort of women representing a range of backgrounds, expertise and newsrooms around the globe.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator kicks off with a week of tailored, immersive programming for 26 promising women leaders at UCLA Meyer & Renee Luskin Conference Center, Feb. 10-15, 2019. ONA provides support and coaching to participants throughout the year; the program culminates with a workshop at ONA’s annual conference.
In addition to learning leadership skills and tools for navigating change, participants focus on a challenge specific to their careers, whether an obstacle to overcome or an aspirational goal to achieve, either within their organizations or as an independent project.
- The Accelerator is designed for practitioners working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists, who are pushing innovation in digital media. This means we’re looking for women who not only have an understanding of the digital journalism landscape but who are helping to advance it in innovative ways.
- Applicants should have leadership experience, which can mean managing people or projects, and be committed to further developing their skills. Innovation means different things in different markets, and we consider that when reviewing applications.
- Applications close: Nov. 30, 2018
- Participants announced: February 2019
- Women’s Leadership Accelerator in Los Angeles: Feb. 10-15, 2019
- ONA19 conference in New Orleans: Sept. 12-14, 2019
For More Information: