Application Deadline: 29 May 2023
Each ACU Fellowship offers academics and professional services staff at ACU member universities 5,000 GBP towards a research visit for up to 6 months to an ACU member university in a different country. ACU Fellowships facilitate collaboration and the creation of valuable new partnerships between ACU member universities across the Commonwealth.
- Academics (who hold at least a PhD) and professional services staff at ACU members universities.
2023 – 24 there will be two fellowships awarded in each of the categories listed below, excluding the Coventry Fellowship:
|Fellowship||More information||Fellowships available|
|Accountancy Fellowship||Supported by the Worshipful Company of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.||2|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Food Science Fellowship||Supported by George Weston Limited.||2|
|Canada Fellowship – outgoing||Awarded to a staff member from an ACU member university in Canada to partner with an ACU member university outside Canada. Legacy funding by Gordon and Jean Southam.||2|
|Canada Fellowship – incoming||Awarded to a staff member from an ACU member university outside Canada to partner with an ACU member university in Canada. Legacy funding by Gordon and Jean Southam.||2|
|Coventry University Fellowships||One Fellowships to visit Coventry University’s Centre for Computational Science and Mathematical Modelling.This fellowship is open to academics at ACU member universities in Africa or Asia.Supported by Coventry University.||1|
|Wighton Engineering Fellowship||Open only to applicants from low and middle-income countries.||2|
|Hong Kong Jockey Club Fellowship – outgoing||Awarded to a staff member from an ACU member university in Hong Kong to partner with an ACU member university outside Hong Kong. Supported by the Hong Kong Jockey Club.||2|
|Hong Kong Jockey Club Fellowship – incoming||Awarded to a staff member at an ACU member outside Hong Kong to partner with a member institution in Hong Kong. Supported by the Hong Kong Jockey Club.||2|
|Information Technology and Computer Science Fellowship||Supported by the Jacky McAleer Memorial.||2|
How to Apply
The application form will require all applicants to:
- Summarise the work you plan to carry out during the Fellowship, and how the collaboration will benefit the project. Explain why you have chosen to collaborate with your partner institution for the project rather than any other.
- Describe the projected impact of the Fellowship work.
- Explain how you expect the Fellowship to benefit your own professional development.
- List the planned outputs of the Fellowship.
- Submit a time plan of the work, which must cover a minimum of six months between September 2023 and August 2024.
- List the costs associated with the Fellowship. These can include staff time, consumables, internet access and data, equipment, research data management, travel costs, impact and engagement and open access.
- Submit a letter or email of support from your head of department at your home institution.
- Submit a letter or email of support from the collaborator at your partner institution.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Fellowships 2023