Application Deadline:Friday, 3rd July, 2020
The Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) project is a 4-year action funded by the European Union through its Emergency Trust Fund for Africa. Implemented by SNV Netherlands Development Organisation and the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) in close partnership with the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development. GrEEn aims at creating jobs for over 5,000 people through the promotion of green jobs and growth of Ghana’s local, circular economy. The project will achieve this by improving skills and increasing access to finance for youth, women and returning migrants as well as Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in the Ashanti and Western regions of Ghana.
SNV Ghana, as part of the GrEEn Project will be providing skills training to job seekers and entrepreneurs in three sectors: renewable energy, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and climate resilient agriculture as well as supporting the profitability of green start-ups.
The GrEEn Project is being implemented in two regions in Ghana : the Ashanti and Western regions and targets:
- Returning migrants
- Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs)
GrEEn’s specific objectives
1: To support the transition of local economies to green and climate resilient development
2: To improve the employability and entrepreneurship capabilities of selected people by matching them with market opportunities and mentoring into (self-)employment and enterprise development (with a focus on green and climate resilient local economies)
3: To create and strengthen local ecosystems that support youth (self-)employment and the development of MSMEs.
SNV will be focusing on the following two result areas:
- Employability and entrepreneurship capabilities of youth, women and returnees are improved in sectors of economic opportunities
- Small, Medium Enterprises (SMEs), offering decent and sustainable jobs to youth, women and returnees, are incubated and/or accelerated and contribute to green and climate resilient local economies.
The key targets of the GrEEn project for SNV are the following:
- At least 5,000 people trained and coached for employability and entrepreneurship (youth: 60-80%, women: 40-60% and returnees: 10%);
- At least 3,500 people have created or developed self-employment opportunities (youth: 60-80%, women: 40-60% and returnees: 5-10%);
- At least 100 MSMEs have been incubated or accelerated to expand their business (disaggregated by number of employees, sector and district);
- At least 1,500 decent and sustainable jobs created by MSMEs (youth: 60-80%, women: 40-60%);
For More Information: