Application Deadline: November 5th 2021
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to fulfil its socio-economic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of Financial Assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg metropolitan area who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa and who adhere to the prescribed criteria in order for them to acquire their qualification at a recognised FET and / or HET.
The CoJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
Actuarial Science Legal
Build Environment (Architecture, Construction) Library
Commerce Local Government Science/Political Science
Communications/Social Media Logistics
Community Services Marketing
Curatorial Studies Medicine
Emergency Management Services Monitoring and Evaluation
Engineering (all Fields) Municipal Governance
Environmental Management Production and Operations Management
Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Small Business
Management, Supply Chain
Management, Treasury, Economists)
Geo Information Science (GIS) Quantity Surveying
Health (Nursing) Real Estate (Property Management, Property
Information Technology Sports Science
International Relations and Protocol Town and Regional Planning
Criteria for selection
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
- The bursary is not applicable for post graduate qualifications
The Bursary covers
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 35,000.00 per academic year.
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi
Tel No: (011) 407 6979
nd Metropolitan Centre
A completed application form, proof of residence, certified copy of ID and Qualifications and proof of income.
For More Information: