Location: London, UK | Salary: £250 per week gross
Duration: 6 Months
Closing Date: 7 Apr 2013
Reporting to the Head of Section, Small States, Environment and Economic Management and working closely with other members of the team, the intern will help maintain and update a small states database and statistical tables for annual publication of the Small States Economic Review and Basic Statistic publication. The person appointed will also support the team in addressing data gaps in its online database.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- An undergraduate degree in economics, econometrics, statistics, quantitative methods or closely related subject with 1 year research and statistical experience.
- A postgraduate degree in economics, econometrics, statistics, quantitative methods or closely related subject.
- Experience and/or demonstrable interest in development issues.
- Statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to research and write succinctly.
- Good IT skills, including email, Word, Excel and ability to extract data from databases and to work on websites.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment.
About the Economic Affairs Division
The Economic Affairs Division is responsible for the Secretariat’s programmes on national and international economic issues and for assisting member countries improve economic management and governance. It plays a key role in helping to identify solutions to the economic problems affecting Commonwealth countries. Within the Economic Affairs Division, the Small States, Environment and Economic Management (SEEM) Section implements research, lesson sharing and advocacy on the specific concerns of, and opportunities for, small states in progressing their sustainable development.