Application Deadline:17 July 2020 9 AM Central European Time Zone.
Comprised of a group of artists and academic scholars, Digital Earth is inviting “8 artists and/or duos from different practices who have shown extraordinary originality and dedication in their creative pursuits, and are committed to ideas of resilient futures, equitable societies, and critical diversity, showing a marked capacity for self-direction” to join them in imagining how this digital planet might continue to evolve and how it will be for us to live together in this new world.
The Digital Earth Fellowship 2020 – 2021 will focus on investigating The Planetary Sensorium and how we can imagine a humane digital earth to come.
- The Digital Earth Fellowship welcomes 8 artists and/or duos from different practices who have shown extraordinary originality and dedication in their creative pursuits, and are committed to ideas of resilient futures, equitable societies, and critical diversity, showing a marked capacity for self-direction.
- A Fellowship spanning 9 months (September 2020 – May 2021).
- Monthly Stipend, a total of €13.500 per fellow for the entire fellowship.
- Consultations with acclaimed artists, curators, and scholars.
- Online research groups with other fellows.
- Online sessions with our faculty.
- Presentation during partner events, symposia and exhibitions (online and in real life, when possible).
- 5 years of work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Age: 25 and older.
- Minimum 24 hours per week availability from September 1st 2020 until May 31st 2021.
- Your application will be assessed by a selection committee based on the selection criteria below.
- The committee will ensure that a multitude of perspectives are included. We aim to support 4 projects grounded within the African continent, 2 projects that take Asia as a starting point, 1 project from Latin America, and 1 Global application.
- Demonstratively qualitative artistic practice and exceptional creativity.
- Motivation to become a part of Digital Earth’s network.
- Quality and criticality of the proposal.
- Alignment with the curatorial theme of The Planetary Sensorium.
How to Apply
- DEF ask applicants to prepare their application using our template which combines the research proposal, portfolio, and CV into one document, please download the template.
- Save your completed application as a PDF, max. 10 MB. An application can be submitted before 17 July 2020 9 AM Central European Time Zone.
For More Information: