Deadline: January 17 2014
The Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
In operation since 2011, the Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a full scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. Program participants also benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders from around the world. The program is led by a core team of Coady International Institute staff and supported by other Coady faculty and associates.
This program is targeted to emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of four years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavour in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, and the rights of girls and women;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 Global Change Leaders Program. The application deadline is January 17, 2014 at 11:59 EST. Applications will only be accepted electronically using the online form below.
In the online form, applicants are asked to provide the names, contact details and the email addresses for two persons who can provide a recommendation for the candidate. The people named as references will receive an email from Coady’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership with a link to reference form that they can complete online. Your references will also receive an email once their form has been successfully submitted. Applicants should ensure that they have notified their referees prior to submitting their application. Applications which do not have two references will not be reviewed.
For More Information: