Application Deadline: January 15th 2018
Rise Up, invites applications from interested NGOs and Civil Society leaders residing in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria or its environs to participate in a week-long intensive leadership accelerator program. The program will enable participants strengthen their leadership styles, acquire new skills, and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
Rise Up is launching a new initiative to advance social justice, education and opportunities for girls and women in Lagos, Abuja and surrounding environs in Nigeria. We are looking for local civil society and non-profit organization leaders working on gender equity, human rights, education and related issues interested in participating in a week-long Leadership Accelerator workshop.
During this intensive workshop, participants will strengthen their leadership, learn new skills and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities. After the Leadership Accelerator, Rise Up participants will have the opportunity to apply for competitive seed funding to launch their strategies.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be leaders between the ages of 18 – 45.
- Be Local residents of Lagos or Abuja, Nigeria and its environs.
- Have personal interest and currently committed to promoting positive changes in programs and policies affecting economic and educational opportunities, human rights, social justice and equity, health, and welfare of girls, and women residing in Lagos or Abuja and surrounding areas.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in at least three of the following thematic areas:
- Education –
- Youth Development
- Economic empowerment, microcredit, or poverty alleviation
- Human rights
- Media/ Health communication
- Community mobilization and community development
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Environment, natural resource management, conservation
- Work with an NGO or CSO including the media or government organization at a level of coordination or management.
- Must have the support of the leadership of your organization or institution to participate in a training week in early April, 2018 and entire program.
Interested qualified applicants should either download the application form from our website or complete the form below and mail on or before January 15, 2018 to Theresa Effa, Rise Up’s Nigeria Country Director at teffa.C4Cng@riseuptogether.org with cc to Chantal Hildebrand, Rise Up’s Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: