Application Deadline: January 20th, 2023
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the United Nation’s Global Goals, and accelerate global problem solving.
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty. The award includes a US$250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
- Candidates will be judged against criteria by a group of Global Citizen, Cisco, and independent experts.
- Up to five (5) finalists will be selected on or around February 24th, 2023 and will be required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. If applying for the Prize, you should have your letters of recommendation ready for submission. Additional supplemental information might also be requested of finalists.
- If selected as one of the 5 finalists, you will be judged by a panel of representatives from Global Citizen, Cisco, and esteemed activists and leaders in the international development field.
- The application consists of four parts: (1) About You: Personal and Organization Information, (2) Pitch (3) Description of how your work aligns with the Judging Criteria (4) Supplemental Organizational Details.
- For the first part, you will be required to submit basic information about you and your organization and a scanned copy of your passport.
- For the second part, you must explain why you deserve this award and provide us with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch.
- For the third part, you will be required to answer 5 short answer questions about your work and you will describe in 250 words or less, how you have achieved each one of the Prize’s criteria.
- And for the fourth part, you will submit proof of your organization’s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption and other supplemental information.
- Applications open for submission on December 7th, 2022 9:00amPT and
- Close on Friday, January 20th, 2023 at 5:00 PM PT.
For More Information: