Application Deadline: FRIDAY 20th JANUARY 2023
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) is an international leadership programme that cultivates the next generation of leaders to contribute to the development of sub-Saharan Africa. AAI Scholars have lost one or both parents and are committed to returning to sub-Saharan Africa to initiate change, innovation, and development.
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed secondary school and received the results of their national secondary School examination (technical and vocational qualifications not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 1st August 2020, including all of 2021 and 2022) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th, 2023.
- Have citizenship and have completed/are completing Secondary School in one of the 49 countries in subSaharan Africa.
Were born after 1st September 2000.
- Do not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.
- Are proficient in English, French or Portuguese.
- Are regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.
- Are able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programmes, over the course of one year, before attending university.
- Are committed to return home, or to sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in sub-Saharan
- Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad
- The AAI provides access to full financial support to study at university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree), including tuition, room, travel costs and other necessary fees.
- 20th January 2023: Deadline to submit registration
- 5th February 2023: Deadline to submit full application
- March/April 2023: Interviews and Exams
- May 2023: Selection Results Announced
- July 2023: Study Camp Begins
How to Apply
There are two stages to the Ashinaga Africa Initiative application process:
- Applicant Registration: all applicants must first confirm their eligibility by registering for the programme. Only students who register for the programme and are deemed eligible will receive the application form by email. Each decision about an applicant’s eligibility is based on the criteria outlined above and their academic record. Our expectations for the academic record of an applicant reflects the academic level we expect students to have in order to thrive as part of our intensive leadership programme.
- Application: all applicants who register for the programme will receive an email with a link to the application form within 1 month of their registration if they are eligible for the programme.
- Create an account for our online application system: https://ashinaga.smapply.net
- Complete the online registration form
- Upload the following documents in JPEG / PDF with your registration form
- Submit your registration form
- Fill out this paper registration form
- Take a photo or scan the completed registration form and the following documents in JPEG / PDF format
- Send your scanned documents and application form to [email protected]
For More Information: