The Global Fund for Women is an international grantmaking foundation that supports groups working to advance the human rights of women and girls.
The Program Intern, MENA provides the MENA (Middle East & North Africa) Team with administrative support, researching topical issues, and preparing written materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Donor mapping per theme
- Work on specific projects and conduct independent research as assigned.
Reports to and under the direct supervision the Program Director, MENA; working relationships with other members of the staff as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with different communication styles in a multicultural environment—both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be proactive and able to take initiative.
- Previous experience with large volumes of data entry.
- Good working knowledge of geography, and of the relevant region
- Proficiency with MS Office required; experience in word processing software and Filemaker Pro preferred.
- Oral and written fluency in Arabic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (in process, incoming junior or senior).
- Some work or volunteer experience, preferrably in non-profit organization or campus organizations.
- Experience in working in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
START DATE AND COMPENSATION:
This is an unpaid 2 month position during mid-June to mid-August.
How to apply
Applications and all supporting documents will be received until position is filled. To submit your application materials, please visit our website: http://www.globalfundforwomen.org/who-we-are/job-opportunities. All pages of the application should be typed and should include the following: • Cover letter, with the applicant’s current contact information • Resume, including references with contact information
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not process incomplete applications.
The Global Fund for Women is committed to working globally and addressing inequities. In line with this global lens, it is our policy to actively seek a diverse pool of candidates, from a variety of backgrounds, who are committed to the mission and vision of the Global Fund.