Application Deadline:10 October 2021
The Great Lakes Creative Producers Lab is a 5 day film development program that aims at broadening the professional networks and producing expertise of participants through a series of hands-on workshops and one-on-one sessions with local and regional industry mentors. The residential program is designed to hone emerging producers’ creative instincts and evolve their communication and problem-solving skills at all stages of their next feature film project.
The Lab has been developed by Aftales Film Hub and Kiasi Productions in collaboration with the French Embassy in Kenya. There will be 10 mentees and 5 mentors. The mentees will come from the following countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and Burundi). Each country will be represented by two mentees who will be recruited via a call for projects as part of an initiative to build on the capacity building efforts of past and present similar projects in the East African region.
1. Candidates must have produced at least two short films or 1 feature-length fiction or nonfiction film, as lead creative producer. This does not include associate, or executive producer credits.
2. Candidates must have a completed, scripted, fiction feature project in hand.
3. Candidates must have the legal right (by way of ownership or option or attachment agreement) to produce the script.
4. Candidates may not be the writer or director of the submitted project.
5. Candidates must be citizens of one of the eligible countries listed above.
1. A high resolution image of the producer.
2. A copy of the passport of the producer to determine proof of citizenship.
3. A Vimeo or YouTube link from the producer’s last film, subtitled in French or English (short films and feature films are accepted).
How to Apply:
1. Applicants must submit the following materials for consideration in one combined PDF file:
2. The synopsis and logline of the film (maximum 1 page).
3. A narrative treatment (maximum 10 pages).
4. Project status and history.
5. Look book (if available).
6. The producer’s note of intent (maximum 1 page).
7. The curriculum vitae (focused on the filmography) of the producer.
8. The presentation of the production company.
9. Budget top sheet and finance plan (in local currency and in euros)
Deadline for submissions: 10 October 2021
Decision date: 17 October 2021
Lab: 25 – 29 October 2021
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
For More Information: