Application Deadline: 11:59 PM, GMT, March 31, 2017.
Established in 2011 by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, the WISE Prize for Education is the first distinction of its kind to recognize an individual or a team of up to six people for an outstanding, world-class contribution to education. The WISE Prize for Education raises the status of education by giving it similar prestige enjoyed in other areas for which international recognition exists –such as literature, peace, and economics. The WISE Prize for Education Laureate is usually announced at the Opening Plenary Session of the global biennial summit, and receives the gold WISE Prize for Education medal and $500,000 (US).
The WISE Prize for Education Laureates are inspiring role models for all those dedicated to building the future of education as the foundation for a more secure, prosperous, and sustainable world.
- The WISE Prize for Education recognizes an individual, or a team of up to six, for an outstanding contribution to education.
- The achievements of the nominated individual or team should have had a significant and lasting impact upon education at any level and should demonstrate an inspiring and visionary approach.
- Nominations will be screened by an expert Committee which will make a pre-selection of no more than 15 candidates whose identities will not be made public.
- A distinguished international Jury will then consider the nominees and select the Laureate who will be announced at WISE 2017, November 14-16, 2017 in Doha, Qatar.
How to Nominate:
- Create an account and complete the official nomination form available on the WISE online application system.
- This form should be completed in English. It should demonstrate how the individual or the team has brought about substantial change and improvement to education and made a lasting impact on a significant scale.
- Self-nomination will not be accepted.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2017 WISE Prize for Education