Application Deadline:July 25, 2021 23:59 CEST.
The objective of the programme is to match qualified professionals with organizations working on the frontiers of impact insurance and financial inclusion, bridge skill gaps and create a new generation of professionals with experience serving low-income populations. Each Fellow will be placed with a host organization for at least a year to support an innovation project. The project could range from the implementation of a risk management product, public-private partnership, digital solution, or distribution partnership.
The project will focus on the following themes:
● Designing integrated risk-management solutions for small enterprises and/or low-income households that bundle insurance with other financial and non-financial services to improve consumers’ ability to manage risk and increase their productivity capabilities
● Enhancing public-private partnerships that help achieve public policy objectives aligned to the UN’s SDGs, especially those related to decent work, food security, climate change and universal health coverage
Mid-career insurance and/or financial services professionals who are keen to apply their skills to benefit the low-income and emerging markets and who have worked in a technical capacity for at least three years may participate. University graduates with less than 3 years of professional experience may be offered a fellowship on an exceptional basis if they have a unique set of skills sought by a host.
The ideal fellowship candidates for a fellowship should:
- have relevant expertise to contribute to insurance and/or microfinance activities;
- be interested in working in developing countries and in development issues;
- have serious commitment to providing microinsurance and/or microfinance consulting services or practising as a microinsurance/microfinance professional on an ongoing basis after the assignment;
- have project management skills;
- be resourceful and capable of arranging practical necessities related to travel, life and work in a new environment
- be ready to work in a developing country for the duration of the fellowship
Successful candidates would also have:
- considerable self-initiative to be a proactive learner and to drive agreed upon activities forward
- the ability to achieve objectives and solve problems independently
- a willingness to challenge existing methods and explore a fresh approach to issues
- strong social skills and collaborative spirit
- the ability to work effectively and efficiently with staff at all levels of the relevant organization(s)
- a willingness to learn from all of those in the host environment
- a nurturing attitude that enables the fellow to pass on his/her technical expertise to the staff of the host organization.
Email the completed application form along with a curriculum vitae and a cover letter to [email protected] by July 25, 2021 23:59 CEST. Please include “Fellowship application” as the subject line of the email. Only submissions that include all three documents will be considered as complete.
For More Information: