Application Deadline: October 7th 2020
The Youth to Work programme is organised by Standard Chartered and Challenges Worldwide, and is part of the Standard Chartered Futuremakers initiative. The program supports young professionals to become catalysts for positive change in businesses and community across Kampala, Lusaka and Accra.
The programme will provide key accredited business, consultancy and employability skills to young professionals who will support Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs) to prepare them to grow their businesses and impact. In addition, young people will be equipped with key skills for employment and/or entrepreneurship that will be used to support the wider ecosystem and other young people in their communities.
In a SGB, each young professional will:
- Conduct an assessment of the enterprise’s strengths and areas for development
- Develop an action plan to help the enterprise to improve and prepare for investment and growth
- Work closely with the leadership team to deliver the action plan
- Deliver network strengthening activities which improve the SGBs partnerships, communication and opportunities
- Deliver key employment readiness workshops to university students across Kampala
You will be supported with:
- A comprehensive 2 week training program in professional consulting and business improvement skills
- Access to best-practice resources to guide you on placement
- Ongoing training, mentoring and support from Challenges during your enterprise placement
- Unprecedented opportunity to gain valuable insight into all areas of a enterprise and work alongside their senior management team to develop an action plan
- An opportunity to develop your current skill set to improving your employability
- The opportunity to complete an internationally-recognised Chartered Management Institute qualification Level 5 professional qualification to accredit your new skills after successful completion of the program,.
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses related to your placement.
- Be between 21 to 30 years of age or 21 to 35 for persons with disabilities
- Have an understanding of business and finance for business, demonstrated through previous work experience and/or hold a relevant university degree
- Relevant work experience including previous internship, voluntary work etc.
- Good communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interest in small business development, enterprises and entrepreneurship
- Ability to travel to training and placement
- Ability to commit to the placement full-time and 2 weeks pre-placement training
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English
As a Junior Associate;
1. You will be required to travel to and from the business placement location as well as the training place
2. You will be required to commit 100% of your time during the placement.
3. You will be held to a code of conduct throughout the program placement, which will be made available to you at the first day of your training.
The placement is not a paid position, although a small stipend is offered to help with travel costs during the placement.
How to Apply
There are two ways of applying:
- Using the link above, complete the online form; or
- Download and complete the offline form and return it to: [email protected] by 6 pm on 7th October 2020.
Please ensure that before filling this form, you have thoroughly read the application information. Answer all questions sincerely and to the best of your knowledge, incomplete forms will not be considered. For both, please attach your CV (maximum 2 pages) and any relevant academic documents to this application when submitting.
For More Information: