Application Deadline:15th April 2017
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)’s Legal Division is offering six paid traineeships for a period of one year at its headquarters in Geneva. The traineeships start in autumn 2017.
Tasks and Responsibilities :
- Trainees at the Legal Division undertake a variety of assignments, including carrying out research and writing project briefs on specific legal questions primarily related to IHL, both in French and in English.
- They also review legal documents, contribute to the preparation of meetings, prepare draft reports or minutes of meetings and give presentations on IHL to groups visiting the ICRC.
- A university degree in law or international relations and a Master degree in international law (or an equivalent post-graduate legal training)
- Excellent knowledge of IHL (shortlisted candidates will be tested in IHL during the course of the interviews);
- Fluency in either French or English, and a very good understanding of the other;
- Age: Applicants should be between 25 and 30 years old at the beginning of the internship.
- Given that there are normally a very large number of applications for these traineeships, the legal division is unable to provide additional information.
- Applications should be submitted on-line between the 15th March and the 15th April 2017 and addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All those submitted outside of this period will not be considered.
- The selection process will take place between May and June 2017.
- Download Application Form
Your application file should include the following elements:
– A fully completed Traineeship form (attached below)
– A cover letter, not exceeding 800 words
– A CV, not exceeding two pages, which indicates in particular:
- The titles and the number of hours of international humanitarian law (IHL) courses followed
- Any academic writings and/or other research work carried out in IHL
- Any relevant professional experience in relation to IHL.
For More Information: