Application Deadline: August 15, 2022
Ufahamu invite researchers, journalists, practitioners, and podcasters interested in contributing to content creation and dissemination of cutting-edge analysis and important narratives about life and politics on the continent to apply for a nine-month non-resident fellowship.
Selected fellows will have the opportunity to guest host podcast episodes, identify future guests and themes, create partnerships with other content producers and disseminators, and build their research and partnership networks.
● Have experience with research and/or media dissemination to general publics
● Demonstrate commitment to open-access knowledge dissemination
Demonstrate a commitment to and experience with engaging general publics, policy-makers, researchers on topics related to life and politics on the continent.
● Demonstrate a commitment to building the capacity of African research institutions/universities/media centers and journalists
● Submit a clear proposal
● Be computer literate, fluent in English, and a strong public speaker
How to Apply
How to Apply
Submit your application materials by emailing them to us at [email protected].
You will need to provide the following materials.
- One-page personal statement, including answers to the following:
○ Of all fellowships available to you, why are you particularly interested in this one?
What do you hope to accomplish during the nine months and beyond?
○ How does this fellowship and its workload fit into your current commitments?
○ If you are applying as a part of a team, describe the team dynamics and how that will facilitate content creation and contribution to the podcast.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Two-page podcast proposal, including answers to the following:
○ What type of podcast episodes do you imagine creating? How would you ensure a diversity of thinkers, ideas, voices, and stories? How are you particularly qualified or uniquely situated to produce the content you’re proposing?
○ What are your ideas for disseminating to relevant networks?
○ If you would like to produce simultaneous episodes in English and another language, what plans would you have to do so and/or what support would you need to do so?
○ Please include what problems or questions you are planning to address, what contributions to learning they will make, what target populations you envision, and any translation into educational products, public policy, or other outcomes that may be possible enduring outputs.
- Voice note or sample work
○ Please submit an audio recording that exemplifies the kinds of content you can or want to create. This may be a short recording you create for this application or a link to other relevant audio work you’ve done in the past. Audio recordings should be at least 30 seconds and no longer than 5 minutes.
For More Information: