Application Deadline: May 26th 2022
The AI Accelerator is delivered by The University of Edinburgh’s world-leading innovation hub for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, the Bayes Centre, as part of the Bayes Centre DDE Innovation and Edinburgh Innovations, the University of Edinburgh’s commercialisation service. It gives data-driven scaleups the opportunity to harness the power of AI and bring about transformative change. From AgriTech to FinTech, AI technology can bring efficiencies, create new propositions and disrupt markets. It can help save lives and the planet.
AI-focused entrepreneurs and businesses scaling up from across the UK and the world can apply to take part in this 6-month Accelerator to benefit from the expertise and talent on offer in Edinburgh. You do not need to be linked to the University of Edinburgh or based in the UK, but you will of course have an interest in engaging with the AI and data ecosystem in Scotland. The next AI Accelerator programme will be focused around 3 key themes:
- AI for climate change
- AI for global health
- AI for good
Tackling climate change spans every industry. You could be using AI to solve waste management issues or improve energy efficiency. You could be in transport, in agriculture or financial services. What’s important is that your product or service has a clearly demonstrable use in addressing the climate emergency.
Apply now if your business is using AI in any of the thematic areas and has the potential to scale in the next six months.
The successful companies will benefit from a tailored programme for AI scaleups including:
– Workshops and dedicated mentors to support you in developing a wide range of business skills from sales and marketing to financial planning
– Opportunities to connect with the University of Edinburgh’s world leading academic expertise and student talent
– A stipend of between £5k and £10k per company with the chance to win additional funding (exact amount TBC)
– Connections to investors as well as local and global networks
– Support from our dedicated programme team, partners and supporters and your peers
– The opportunity to be a part of the Bayes Centre, the University of Edinburgh’s innovation hub for data science and AI – including access to the centre’s incredible facilities, office space for six months and its inspirational and collaborative data driven community
– Links with Edinburgh’s Data-Driven Innovation hubs, including the National Robotarium, the Usher Institute for population data science, Edinburgh Futures Institute, Easter Bush and Edinburgh International Data Facility.
- The AI Accelerator is hosted both online and through face-to-face sessions. It is delivered by the University of Edinburgh’s Data Science and AI innovation and enterprise hub – Bayes Centre – on behalf of all the Data-Driven Innovation hubs.
- The next AI Accelerator programme will run from September 2022 to March 2023.
– Applications need to be submitted by 26th May 2022.
– The selection process will take place during June with successful candidates informed around the end of June.
– The programme will start in mid September 2022 and run until the end of March 2023.
For More Information: