Application Deadline: December 22nd 2015
The Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) invites unemployed graduates (South Africans), who wish to apply for the 2016/17 Internship Programme. DEA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability).
The candidature of persons with disabilities will receive preference for the Internship Programme. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. DEA is inviting applicants who have not previously participated in any Internship programme.
- Candidates must have completed at least a 3 year National Diploma, Bachelors or Post Graduate Qualifications in the following study fields.
- The programme will commence on 01st April and end on 31st March.
- The internship program is offered for a period of 12 months.
- The successful candidates will be required to sign an internship contract for the duration of one year.
- Interns will receive a stipend / allowance of R54 000.00 per annum.
Internship Field: Internships are offered in the fields that are in line with the departmental core business:
- Chemical and Waste Management,
- Biodiversity and Conservation,
- Climate Change and Air Quality,
- Chief Operating Officer,
- Legal Authorizations and Compliance Inspectorate,
- Chief Financial Officer,
- Environmental Advisory Services,
- Environmental Programme, Cape Town – Ocean & Coast And Environmental Programme :- ODDG,
- Supply Chain and Asset Management, HRM, Financial Management and Management Accounting, Coastal Biodiversity Conservation, Ocean and Coastal Conservation Strategies, Oceans Research, Biodiversity and Coastal Research, Marine Biodiversity and Coastal Research, Coastal Pollution Management, Southern Oceans and Antarctica Support, Communication.
- Applications must be submitted
- Applications must be submitted on a completed Z83 form (lick link to download form); indicate your own “study field” for the position which you are applying for (as advertised); indicate the “reference number” (as stated in the advert).
- Applications must be accompanied by a detailed CV and certified copies of ID and qualifications (matric certificate and diploma, degree, post graduate qualifications as well as the recent academic transcripts / records) to the following address:
Applications must be directed to:
Private Bag X447,
or hand delivered to
473 Steve Biko road
PO Box 52126,
Victoria and Alfred Waterfront,
or hand delivered to:
East Pier Building.
V & A Waterfront,
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016/17 Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) Internship Programme for Unemployed Graduates (South Africans)