DEADLINE: JULY 11 2013.
The Vital Voices GROW Fellowship Program is a one-year comprehensive and tailored program focused on building the capacity and concrete skills of SME women business owners to create actionable business plans to grow their businesses. The Program targets women-owned SMEs in the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America and the Caribbean. The VV GROW Fellowship is an online and in-person program that integrates the latest business trends, global best practices, and interactive learning techniques. These and all other programmatic elements are regionally localized to ensure that the program is accessible and applicable to women business owners and the business environments they operate in. The program consists of three components:
The 4-day in-person training will explore a combination of the following topics, contingent upon the assessed needs of the selected participants per region:
Guides participants in reflecting on their current business and plan for future growth. By the end of the workshop, participants will have an actionable 3-5 year plan for business growth.
|Leadership and Business Ethics
Utilizes the Vital Voices Leadership Model and core business ethics to instill successful methods of building leadership skills to positively impact your business.
|Technology for Business Growth
Addresses key technology needs in growing your business, including using technology to access markets, utilize online databases, and determine the right priorities for your business.
|Executive Financial Management
Equips participants with the skills and knowledge to analyze, manage, and supervise the finances of their business.
|Networking for Business Professionals
Guides participants to create their personal brand and “elevator pitch” to promote their business and gain valuable new connections.
|Human Resources and Talent Management
Addresses key HR policies, procedures, and resources needed to recruit, hire, and retain high quality staff.
|Understanding Your Market
Guides participants in identifying key market opportunities such as expanding existing markets and accessing new ones.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Vital Voices is seeking applications from women business owners in Latin America and the Caribbean, sub-Saharan Africa, and the Middle East and North Africa for the pilot program who:
- Own a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- Employ at least 3 staff (including temporary and/or seasonal workers),
- Generate at least USD $25,000 in annual sales
- Are motivated to build the skills and make the changes needed to grow your business,
- Are excited to participate in a one year program including on-line and in-person training and access to external business growth opportunities, and
- Recognize the value of tracking the growth of your business for up to 3 years through methods such as surveys, calls, or additional opportunities.
- Speak Fluent to Advanced English
WHY APPLY FOR THE GROW FELLOWSHIP?
– You will develop a powerful, practical business plan to grow your business, and have access to tailored resources that assure successful implementation.
– You will learn the secrets of successful entrepreneurs as well as how and when to break the rules and innovate, making yourself a stronger, more effective business leader.
– You will be integrated into a global network of women entrepreneurs who are committed to support other women, their communities, and the world.
HOW TO APPLY
The application for the MENA region may be accessed here.
If selected for the program, please note that acceptance is NON-TRANSFERABLE. Successful applicants selected to participate in the program may not transfer their acceptance to another individual.
TO VITAL VOICES BY JULY 11th.