Application Deadline: 15 February 2023
The Zukunftskolleg is pleased to announce a new call for Zukunftskolleg Konnect (ZUKOnnect) Fellowships. The ZUKOnnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz.
The ZUKOnnect Fellowships aim to strengthen the cultural diversity at the Zukunftskolleg and thereby promote and stimulate the intellectual and integrative discourse amongst our fellows. By broadening our academic horizons to countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, we want to advance intercontinental dialogue in research.
The ZUKOnnect Fellows will team up with Zukunftskolleg Fellows who will assist them with settling into their departments and will support them during their entire research stay. Thus, the ZUKOnnect Fellows will be an integral part of the community at the Zukunftskolleg, regardless of the rather short duration. Zukunftskolleg Fellows likewise will benefit greatly from the intercultural exchange.
- You are educated AND currently work in Latin America, Asia and/or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 years, doctoral degree granted after 15 February 2021) OR are a doctoral student in your final year.
- Your doctorate was/ is going to be completed at a university in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a habilitation or equivalent qualification (Venia legendi).
- Your research project fits to one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz – possibly a current Fellow of the Zukunftskolleg – with whom you intend to collaborate (please do not contact person(s) in advance).
- Up to 4 (post-)doctoral stipends for an on-campus research stay at the Zukunftskolleg are available for up to 3 months (with justification for up to 4 months). The on-site ZUKOnnect Fellowships are complemented by a digital affiliation extending it to a duration of 12-months. The start date for the digital affiliation is summer 2023. The preferred start date for the on-site ZUKOnnect Fellowships is between 15 September 2023 and 15 October 2023.
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of € 1,200/month for doctoral students and € 2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines).
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to library resources.
- Access to IT services.
- Access to research support services (via Research Support).
- ZUKOnnect Fellows will benefit from a digital affiliation extending the total period to 12 months. The digital affiliation will be supported with up to € 900 (lump sum).
Please submit your application documents in English as separate PDF files via the online application portal.
The reference number is 2022/289. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university; maximum 2 pages)
- Short summary of your ongoing research project (maximum 3 pages incl. references)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research project at the Zukunftskolleg (maximum 2 pages)
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, ideally on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer
Further questions can be directed via e-mail: [email protected]. We also offer an online info session on the 1 February 2023 at 13:00 (CET).
For More Information: